Apple Recognized User Group  MacAsia 
Unread 12-18-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
JoePBG4
Mac LC575

What is a nilobjectexception...?

Hey guys, I know that I haven't posted in a while and when I do it's only for computer help. I feel really bad about that since this is such a great community and everyone is so social with each other. To tell you the truth, I got really turned off by another poster a long time ago; that person was acting really ugly and I wasn't gonna be part of that negativity. Hopefully whoever they are has gotten a grip. If we were offline, that person would have gotten a beatdown. Born in the Philippines and raised on the East Coast of the US, so I like to keep it real. :shock: 8)

In any case, overall I love being on PinoyMac... so here's my latest question. It's not at all urgent although I would love an answer since it involves a program that I often use. The program is called MacPasser and it runs on OS 9, the "classic" OS. I have been using it for over a year, maybe two, because I needed a simple program to store passwords and that was the best I could find. (If you know of any better programs that are for OS X, please let me know.) MacPasser serves my purpose really well and I first started using it here on the PowerBook G4. But then I got a PowerMac desktop (a week before the new Intels rolled out, even) and now this G4 belongs to my parents, and I use it whenever I go visit them. Unfortunately, MacPasser doesn't seem to run right on the PowerBook anymore. I keep getting an error message that reads, "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down."

WHAT does that MEAN? Hopefully there are people out there with some programming knowledge or whatnot, because my meager knowledge of the stuff isn't helping to decipher the aforementioned riddle. Like I said, this isn't an urgent case because MacPasser works fine on the PowerMac, but I will be here at my parents place for a while and I will ultimately need the data in the program. So thanks in advance for any insight you can give.

--Joe
Unread 12-20-2006, 04:54 AM   #2
bisdak
20th Anniversary Mac

Send a message via AIM to bisdak
A NilObjectException exception means the programmer failed to handle a certain error condition. You will have to report that to the programmer so he can fix it, if you want.

You can use KeyChain to store your passwords. I use KeyChain and I just started using YoJimbo as well.
bisdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2006, 07:48 AM   #3
JoePBG4
Mac LC575

Like the Kurosawa movie...?

Nice.